Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pondering Personal Potential

I'm in the process of getting my portfolio assembled and I had an epiphany.

I can do this.

Not I think I can.
Not maybe.

I can and will.
I can and will go forth and be amazing.
I can and will blow people's minds.

That being said, I know I'm never going to be able to stop learning because I've "learned it all". I'm going to have to keep learning, keep experimenting, keep growing and changing.

To do anything else is to give up. If I were to do that, I would probably be driven insane by the creative spark that is lurking somewhere in my gray matter, intimately entwined with the very essence of my soul.

That is who I am.
That is what I am.

The question now is what will I become?

The only way to know is to become it and find out.


Also, it is incredibly satisfying to see and to hold artwork that had until just moments before had existed only as information encoded onto silicone and copper with electrons.

-S.B.

No comments: